time in a bottle

Saturday, April 9, 2011

focus please!

hmnn I've noticed something recently... the closer I get to going on my Nicaragua trip, the more the devil tries to distract me. I suddenly got his sinus infection and felt like poop Thursday and Friday. I've gotten irked at Aaron for no good reason and suddenly had this crazy thought to go gambling (but did not! PRAISE GOD!). Friday night I lost the key to my store, then today, I've gotten 3 phone calls from a friend I used to play BlackJack with whom I hadn't talked to in over a year(I decided the best course of action was to pray instead of answer).

It's like this mini-attack... but I think it's possibly easier to weather the storm when I understand and can see things in the realm of the big picture... I don't want to be unfruitful in my Christian walk. I don't want to be distracted chasing after those things in life that fill a temporary emptiness. I want to be like those people who chased after Jesus just to get a glimpse of him, just to touch his cloak, just to be in his presence. I want to be more like Him, and less like me.

Thank you Father God for caring for your people. Thank you for revealing truth to us, even when the world will tell us lies. Thank you for patiently teaching us, and faithfully loving us. Thank you for your daily breath, your daily graces, your new mercies. And Father when we are under attack, your word tells us that you always offer a way out. Let us see it. Let us chose it. Send your holy spirit to guide us. Thank you for doing a NEW THING in our lives. Open us up, empty us out, then fill us up with your holy spirit. Amen

Praying for those who have felt under attack this week, and sure would appreciate it, if you all would offer up a few prayers for our Mission Team, my family and me.

No comments: