time in a bottle

Friday, January 7, 2011

disturbed....

I witnessed the most disturbing thing tonight at the parking lot at Walgreens on the corner of Sale and Ryan. When I pulled up I could see the lady next to me going off on someone in her car. Her door was open so I could hear the words flying from her mouth too.


I am not into judging people, but the language was so foul that I couldn't help but look. I saw 3 children in her car... 2 in carseats and one in the front seat. A daughter maybe 8 or 9 or 10 was in the front seat and the driver was yelling at her and I'm going to type what she said in modified form, because it literally shocked the hell out of me. "I am not f**king playing with you anymore, I am tired of your sh*t and your smart mouth. You do what I tell you to do." yadah yaddah


I looked at the little girl in the front seat as I passed in front of the car. I think I was hoping she would have cried out for help. She didn't look shocked, she looked sad and maybe a bit embarrassed. I wish I would have went and asked her if she was ok. However I really wasn't prepared to have my hiney whipped in the Walgreens parking lot. But you know, I'm rather ashamed that I didn't do anything.

So I am sitting here feeling disturbed about the whole thing. I really had no idea how to handle the situation and I was afraid anything I did would have caused the children more trouble. Can you dictate to people what appropriate conversation and discipline with their children is? And what in the sam heck is wrong with people that they would talk to their children this way? And you know what the adult didn't even care that I was there. She didn't even try to speak softly.


Father God, I know I work for you. I should have no fear of people or entities in this world. I know what your word commands, I know how we are to treat one another and more importantly how words can crush little spirits. Build up in me that I would intercede on your childrens behalf in a spirit of love. I pray for those children at this very moment, that you would offer them a feeling of peace and love and joy. Build a hedge of protection around those little children and I pray that you will reveal to their mother or care-giver the truth of your word, that children are a gift of God. Change her heart, and protect those children emotionally, physically and spiritually. In your holy name I pray.

No comments: