time in a bottle

Thursday, January 27, 2011

God's beloved..

I should be at the gym, but I'm enjoying the dark and the quiet of my home. I'm watching Courage Under Fire, but for a mind like mine, that's not good enough... I feel useless, if I'm not multi-tasking. So now I'm blogging and watching and thinking, hmnnn this could be a dangerous combination.

I've been trying to really focus on just BEING with JESUS. I'm not so good at that. I mostly picture me and Jesus two ways: sitting on his lap with my head buried in his shoulder, just hiding in the wing of Jesus.... and secondly, sitting at his feet, while he is in this huge rocking chair. In this scenario he's telling me a story or giving me guidance and I am sitting there, my face aglow with His glory His goodness lights up my face and I feel warm inside. But I never get that far into our conversation because my mind leaps to the things I need to do. I want to learn to just be in the presence of God.

It's not such an easy thing, to focus, but really in this world, there should only be one focus, our relationship with Jesus. I've learned that I have to take a step back, and look at the world through the eyes of Jesus, bc when I try to look at people and the world through my own human eyes, then I feel overwhelmed. Through my eyes I see sadness, pain, struggle, stupidity, disappointment, fatigue, hate, weariness, sickness, and more... But when I look at things through the eyes of Christ, I see hope, faith, grace abundant, joy, peace, calmness and an outpouring of love, and even more than that I hear a beautiful melody that makes my spirit dance. Maybe it's not the world that needs to change, maybe it's our perspectives. And as we treat others as Christ's beloved people, then the world will change to be as it should be.

No comments: