time in a bottle

Monday, January 24, 2011

This is how it works....

Ok, lots of peeps are wanting to bring in items and clothes... So I just wanted to go over how it works and give you a heads up as to how I decide how much credit I give etc.... All I ask is you don't waste my time, if you read through all this and follow our criteria then hopefully your time won't be wasted either.

#1. Items must be CLEAN, and free of STAINS, RIPS, TEARS or excessive wear... if you DRYER burn your clothes, then I can not use them. If I start going through your items and the first 4 or 5 items I can't use, I put them back in the bag... and move on to someone elses. I literally work 10 to 12 hours everyday, so I don't have time looking through 30+ items to find 2 or 3 good ones and I would not expect anyone to waste their time doing that for me.

#2. In-season Namebrand items take precedence... I don't particularly like to store out of season items but I will. I don't give as much credit for out of season items.

#3. I am pretty up to date on tags and what years items were sold in the store... a five yr old gymboree or gap item is not valued the same as last seasons... I hope that makes sense...

#4. I do not buy things that are as long as they are wide, they just look awkward. So if the item has shrunk to high heavens, I can't use it.

#5. Please don't bring in things missing buttons or snaps, or that smell like cigarette smoke. People do not like their newborn babies or children smelling like smoke... Tide febreeze does a good job of taking that smell out, if you do happen to smoke, it may help.

When I decide on a price, I consider original price, the amt of wear on an item (Fading, wash/wear, quality and the resale value).... I try to be generous especially if your items are hangar ready and i do not have to wash them (if I seen animal hair, or pick up an odd smell I wash them!), but we do have to make some sort of profit... my building, elec, water, and workers run me nearly $1800 a month... plus I do buy items, so after the $2500 I spend a month, I promise ya, I'm not getting rich financially... but I am blessed by getting a chance to do what I love so that makes it worth it... and with the money I do make... I pay for my kids daycare and things like my trip to Nicaragua, my tithes, KLOVE radio sponsor, etc, etc...

1 comment:

Jessica Lastrapes said...

Just want to say, I loooove your shop! I trade all the time and get great compliments on my girls clothes! People are shocked to hear that I bought them resale! I tell all my friends about Jack and Jills! You have a great place and a great heart too might I add! ;)