time in a bottle

Thursday, January 6, 2011

revelation

Have you ever had a REVELATION? A really big, punch you in the stomach, knock the air out of your lungs, your heart is pounding in your head sort of revelation... ahhhh it happened to me recently. I had been praying for discernment but maybe I hadn't been listening.God had protected me in ways I couldn't even see until just this moment when the TRUTH washed over me. I was soooooo MAD, sometimes I'm a fool. Mostly I have good intentions, with a few exceptions where it is just purely my flesh and sinful nature, wanting what I want. But in the times, when I am trying to do what is good, what is right, what is christian, there have been times I've felt like a fool. But I guess if you're going to be a fool for someone, it might as well be Christ right?

Thank you Father God, for loving me just as I am. Even when I am blind to the TRUTH of your word. Even when I am chasing after some fantasy of mine where I feel loved, protected, safe and at Peace with myself within your kingdom. The truth is people can't make me feel that way. Financial security can not make me feel that way. A nice house and fancy car or designer clothes can't make me feel that way... Only you can give me that peace... only you and your word can offer true protection and safety. Only Christ Jesus can offer pure untainted love. Thank you for that revelation. Thank you for bearing with me on this journey. I think you smile when I finally "get something." I wonder how many lessons you got for me, because it sure feels like I don't know much... Peace

1 comment:

Letter H. said...

It is always inspiring to read what u write-
God gives you such a gift with words and
I for one appreciate it- especially in the
Middle of the night- haha